Saint Mary of the Assumption
132 South High Street
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Parish Office: 740.653.0997
Faith Office: 740.653.5054
Parish Office Hours
Mon – Fri: 8.00 am – 4.30 pm
Saint Mary Cemetery
Map to St. Mary Cemetery
Saint Mary School
Sunday Mass Schedule:
Saturday: 5:30 pm
Sunday: 8:45 am and 11:15 am
Daily Mass Schedule:
Monday & Wednesday: 7:00 am
Tuesday & Thursday: 9:00 am
Holy Day Schedule:
Masses: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, and 7:00 pm
*Please consult the Parish Bulletin
Saturday: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Or by Appointment (Call Rectory)
Come join us for Catholic Kids Camp, August 3-7 from 6.00 – 8.30 pm!
Click the bus below for all the details… registrations due to Mr. McCauley by 20 July.
The short answer is you!
When any parish has many inquirers year after year, it is the fruit of the Holy Spirit who moves men and women to share their Faith and their life with the Risen Lord, so others may come to know Him also! Members of a faithfilled and evangelizing parish community take seriously their call to share the holy Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Evangelization happens in parish families, in the workplace, in gatherings with friends and neighbors, and in daily contacts.
Let us all be attentive to the Spirit as He strengthens each of us who seek to do His will in offering a gentle, humble, and clear welcome to others learn about the Catholic Church and to discern becoming Catholic through the RCIA process.
Please contact Brian McCauley if you know of someone who is interested in learning more about the Catholic Church and beginning RCIA this summer. More information can be found at the link below about the RCIA process and testimonials.
“Go out into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15)
On Friday, 12 June, the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Bishop Campbell will celebrate a special Mass and re-consecrate the Diocese of Columbus to the Sacred Heart. All are invited to attend this special Mass at the Cathedral of St. Joseph in Columbus on 12 June at 7.30 pm. More information can be found in the Catholic Times.
Thank you for your faithful and reverent service to the Lord at the Altar.
Dominic Hamlin (Not Pictured)
St. Mary of the Assumption Church, Lancaster, OH, is seeking a full-time Youth Minister to plan, develop, and implement the new youth ministry program in the Parish that will strengthen the faith formation of the parish youth from Middle School through High School by integrating the new program into St. Mary parish life.
Job Requirements / Education / Training / Experience / Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Be compliant with BCI/FBI backgrounds checks and complete the Protecting God’s Children program.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in theology or religious studies or other relevant degree.
- Have diocesan catechetical training or certification, or in the process toward completion.
- Have youth ministry experience or similar experience.
- Be familiar with youth ministry principles.
- Have leadership strengths.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in digital and social media.
- Have the ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Maintain all information in a highly confidential manner.
- Evening and weekend work hours required (weekly gatherings at the high school level and bi-monthly gatherings for the junior high level would be the norm).
Salary is commensurate with academic background and experience. To request a copy of the job description, please contact Julie Ogilvie at email@example.com. Resumes may be mailed to Fr. Craig R. Eilerman, St. Mary Church, 132 S. High St. Lancaster, OH 43130. Deadline for submissions is 15 June 2015.
Oremus – Let us Pray
The Oremus study program teaches you the essentials of an effective and fruitful prayer life. Over the course of eight weeks you will discover how God speaks to you, even in the smallest encounters. Following the Tradition of the Catholic Church and the wisdom of the saints, you will learn how to express yourself to God in prayer, and how to hear is voice.
Become aware of God’s presence in your life
- Discover the simple yet profound steps of Catholic prayer
- Learn how to respond to God and express yourself in prayer
- Discover how to hear God’s voice in Scripture, in your heart, and in ordinary moments.
- Learn how to overcome frustrations, distractions, and dryness in prayer.
- See that desolation and consolation are a normal part of everyone’s walk with God.
- Grow in your relationship with God and those around you.
SUMMER 2015 SESSION INFORMATION
“Oremus” is an 8 Session Series
Student Workbook: $ 17.00
Thursday Mornings from 10 – 11.30 am – Spirit Center
- June 18
- June 25
- July 2
- July 9
- July 16
- July 30
- August 6
- August 13
Please register by Monday, June 1, via the link below or by completing the registration form in the South Vestibule of St. Mary Church and returning it to the Parish Rectory. Please send in a check for $ 17.00 made payable to St. Mary of the Assumption by 1 June, or your student workbook may not be ordered.